Thursday, October 23, 2008

young'uns

This excellent discussion at Salon gets at the good side of our current youth generation, something I've thought about alot: we are liberal, but practical:

In the '60s and '70s, a lot of it was all about idealism. I think what we have today, in addition to all those wonderful demographics we heard about, these kids are very practical. Very pragmatic. This isn't about, be all good and all be altruistic and if we all make sacrifices, everything in the world will be fine in two weeks. This is a very practical, pragmatic group that understands, it's hopeful pragmatism, if you will, and that requires taking some action.

1 comment:

Momama said...

I agree, as one from a generation older than the "current youth generation" I am proud of the new voices of hope and pragmatism. It is these voices that are inspiring my generation. You are inspiring me.