Monday, January 26, 2009

Interview with Anthony Bourdain

is...............here. I know that some, the Sensation included, are fans:

Q: What differences do you encounter when planning a show at a domestic versus an international location? How do you scout them out?

A: There was a basic change in perspective that happened, looking at a place outside of New York with the same approach I give to foreign countries. Very early on, I was a snob about where we went. The Vietnamese could do no wrong, and I tended to look down upon or sneer at Middle America and the South and Southwest. That's changed a lot for me over time. I eventually started cutting people in the States the same slack that I do for people who believe very different things on the other side of the world. But generally what gets us to a place is we get hooked into a visual or film cue.

No comments: